The following regional studies are currently available from MGPalaeo. Please click on the links below to learn more about each study. If you are interested in working with us on a new multi-client study, please contact us to discuss your idea.
- The emergence of the Dorado structural-stratigraphic play trend in the Bedout Sub-basin highlights the importance of the Middle–Early Triassic Triplexisporites playfordii Zone within which the reservoir section resides. As such, MGPalaeo are undertaking a new multi-client study investigating the palynological assemblages within the T. playfordii Zone across the greater North West Shelf.
- There has been significant industry focus on the Late Triassic in the Northern Carnarvon Basin (Brigadier and Mungaroo formations) for several decades, along with more recent interest in Middle Triassic plays in the Roebuck Basin (Phoenix, Roc, and Dorado discoveries). This has led to the development of high resolution biostratigraphic schemes for the Late and Middle Triassic in these basins, however, our palynological knowledge has not kept apace at the other end of the North West Shelf. Following renewed recent interest in the Northern Bonaparte Basin, MGPalaeo will undertake a targeted review of the Triassic palynology of that basin.
- A highly-detailed palynological study that increases the biostratigraphic resolution and palaeoenvironmental understanding of the Triassic in the Bedout Sub-basin. This study represents the most comprehensive palynological dataset currently available for the Triassic in this area, enabling the identification of over 50 correlative events through the key Early-Middle Triassic interval.
- A multi-disciplinary study to provide enhanced understanding of the depositional processes that occurred during the Triassic in the Bedout Sub-basin. Following on from our palynological review of the Triassic of the Bedout Sub-basin, this study combines sedimentological core descriptions with additional palynological analysis to produce enhanced depositional interpretations from the only wells with core available in this region.
- An integrated sedimentological and stratigraphical study covering the variability of depositional environments within key stratigraphic intervals in the Vulcan Sub-basin. This study provides a comprehensive reservoir geology database of specific relevance to exploration and operating companies assessing the prospectivity of the Vulcan Sub-basin.
- A joint MGPalaeo – Chemostrat Multi-Client study to improve the resolution and confidence of intra- and inter-field correlatable events in the Mid-Late Jurassic Birkhead Formation, Eromanga Basin.
- A palynological review of published and unpublished palynological data from 938 samples from 18 onshore and offshore wells in the Great Australian Bight (incorporating the Bight, Eucla and Polda basins).
- A play mapping and play risk analysis report for the East Java Basin in Indonesia using Player.™
- A fully integrated study of the prospectivity of the Late Permian to Early Triassic (Chinty Formation to Locker Shale) on the Candace Terrace and Rowley Sub-basin in the Carnarvon Basin.