MGPalaeo have over 30 years experience at successfully providing high resolution biostratigraphic control of onshore and offshore wells across many continents, including Australia, PNG, the Americas, the Middle East and the North Sea.
Our global expertise ranges from the Cenozoic to the Permian, with growing experience on material from the Carboniferous to the Precambrian.
In Nov-Dec 2016, MGPalaeo (in association with PT Horizon Geoconsulting) successfully provided wellsite palynology for Muruk-1 in the Papua New Guinea Northern Highlands, 13 miles northwest of the Hides Gas Field. More information regarding this natural gas discovery can be found here.
From 2012-2014, MGPalaeo (in association with PT Horizon Geoconsulting) successfully provided ongoing 24-hour wellsite coverage on the >$19 billion co-venture PNG LNG project, operated by ExxonMobil PNG Limited.
MGPalaeo staff have helped in the successful drilling of both vertical exploration and development wells, plus deviated and horizontal drilling (biosteering). We have also provided the only point of stratigraphical reference on wells where MWD tools have failed.
Wellsite biostratigraphy can help to:
- Identify well objectives or TD picks
- Predict penetration of high- or low-pressure intervals
- Identify casing points
- Assist in coring point selection
- Stratigraphic monitoring whilst drilling
As part of the growing fleet of wellsite equipment, MGPalaeo recently built its first, wholly owned offshore palynological laboratory (A60 cabin). As part of the close ties with PT Horizon Geoconsulting, we now have an expanding fleet of onshore palynological laboratories. Additionally, MGP also has long term hire agreements with Ferguson’s for A60 cabins, with our own equipment and consumables installed, ready to go.
Wellsite services include:
- Single crews or 24-hour coverage
- Assistance with casing and TD points via real time results
- Forward prediction of lithological picks
- Cavings analysis to determine borehole instability
- Coring programs
- Fully insured, with a 100% safety record (MGP was part of the 500 hurt free days achieved on Nabors Rig 703 on the 12th of February 2015, as part of the ExxonMobil PNG LNG project)
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.