MGPalaeo offers a comprehensive range of sedimentology services, leading to a better understanding of stratigraphic development and depositional models. Sedimentology services include core descriptions, wireline log interpretation, image log interpretation, rock typing, workshops and more.
- Core description (at a variety of scales, normally 1:30, 1:50 or 1:200; WellCAD format) recording lithology, grain size and sedimentary structures, depofacies, palaeoenvironmental interpretation, trace fossils and degree of bioturbation, hydrocarbon shows, colours, dip data, fracture geometries, etc.
- Core workshops giving clients the opportunity for a half day / day or week long (as requested) show and tell in the core library to better understand the stratigraphy and depositional environments.
- Wireline log interpretation over uncored intervals using wireline log characters in combination with well completion reports, sidewall cores and cuttings descriptions.
- Rock Typing of cutting samples providing lithology, grain size and permeability estimates where no other rock samples (e.g. sidewall cores, conventional cores) are present.
- High resolution image log interpretation (FMI, OBMI, NGI) on vertical to highly deviated wells including thin-bed analysis, facies interpretation and integration of borehole image logs with core and wireline logs.
- Digital databases (includes ODM and WellCAD) can be provided to the clients during the ongoing project and at the end of the project.
- Field correlation (ODM).
- Integration of biostratigraphical datasets.
- Stratigraphic correlation and mapping.
- Integration of seismic data.
MGPalaeo’s ability to integrate biostratigraphic and sedimentological services allows for the production of accurate stratigraphically constrained depositional models. Our clients benefit from common project management across disciplines with maximum quality control to ensure efficient data transfer between disciplines and thereby reducing costs. For further information or to discuss your project ideas please contact us.