MGPalaeo has conducted a comprehensive palynological study that increases the biostratigraphic resolution and palaeoenvironmental understanding of the Triassic in the Bedout Sub-basin. Download the full PDF here.
The oil discovery in the Phoenix South-1 well represents the most significant new oil play on the Australian North West Shelf in recent times, and highlights the importance of this area for oil and gas exploration. The oil-bearing sands have been reported to be present within the Triassic Lower Keraudren Formation.
This study represents the most comprehensive palynological dataset currently available for the Triassic in this area. The analysis has resulted in revised palynostratigraphic interpretations for each of the seven wells, and a new understanding of the ranges of key marker species.
- Fully quantitative Triassic palynological datasets
- Palynological zonation scheme applied to all wells
- New local palynological event stratigraphy
- Tabulated palynological sample summaries
- Stratigraphic summary chart for each well including age, palynological zones and events, lithostratigraphy and sample data points, all set against wireline log data
- Multi-well correlation panels.
For more information, including pricing, please contact John Lignum.