MGPalaeo’s Stratigraphic Database will be available for purchase in early 2018.
Purchase in full or via basin, sub-basin, acreage, or area of interest. Annual subscriptions also available.
Originally commissioned by Carnarvon Petroleum over a 12 month period between 2016-2017, this ground-breaking database provided the latest interpretation of all available open-file and in-house stratigraphical data from all exploration wells across the Carnarvon, Roebuck, Browse, and Bonaparte Basins.
Since then, plans have been made for the database to encompass further basins across Australia and will continue to grow as we add more wells.
Data for each well will include:
- biostratigraphy (all palynological data has been reinterpreted and updated to our latest zonation scheme).
- standardized lithostratigraphy.
- sequence stratigraphy.
- wireline logs (edited and spliced).
- individual well summary charts (PDF).
The data for each well has been tested through 2D and 3D seismic mapping to ensure accuracy.
The stratigraphic database is dynamic, meaning we will be constantly reviewing and refining it (i.e., the incorporation of high resolution localized palynological events to improve correlations).
Additional data (checkshots, bit records, mud properties, casing points, cores, open-file micropalaeontology, etc) will be added to the database.
New stratigraphic charts will be available for each basin across the North West Shelf, incorporating the published Santos and Woodside sequences. These charts will be available for purchase as standalone items, as well as included as part of the database.
Annual Subscription Packages
MGPalaeo will be offering annual subscription packages, which will include the following:
- Addition of all newly open-file wells (if the whole database has been purchased), or all newly open-file wells related to the area of interest.
- Additional high resolution palynological events for areas/formations of interest.
- Biostratigraphic help/advice for a certain number of days/year.
- Correlation Panels related to area(s) of interest.
- Geochemistry (open file data)
- All other revisions/updates as related to ongoing work and refinement of our zonation scheme.
The stratigraphic database builds on MGPalaeo’s extensive experience and paves the way towards a better understanding of the regional geology and prospectivity of not just the North West Shelf, but other basins across Australia.
For more information regarding the MGPalaeo Stratigraphic Database, please contact us on [email protected]